jueves, 25 de diciembre de 2014

The Best in fashion 2014 - Dries Van Noten Spring Summer 2015

Hmmm... my first post. I've always dreamed to share with everyone about what I love. 

Fashion, art, travel, food, wine, architecture, culture... Now and after chatting for years with good friends of mine, I decided to start writing this blog. My first post is about the best fashion moments and events I saw during this 2014. Special moments I enjoyed seeing. For those who would read this, you might agree or not, but as I said, it's just my opinion, a 3rd. world fashion geek's one.


They are not ranked in any particular order, and I will post them separately, not all in one post. 


Here I go:


Dries Van Noten, Spring - Summer 2015



I'm going to be honest, I like what Mr. Van Noten has done before, but I've never been highly impressed by his work. Now, this collection moved me somehow, it touched my soul. 
Was it maybe that sense of being in such a natural calming stage where the models looked so relaxed and comfortable. A chilled Coachella or Glastonbury, maybe during The XX, James Blake, FKA twigs or Sigur Rós sessions feel? Maybe... 

Was it the soundtrack performed by the belgian avant garde band Oscar and the Wolf? Maybe... 

Was it that mix of patterns in fabrics, the flow of pieces, those coats Jamie Bochert and Hanne Gaby Odiele wore on the runway? Maybe... 
Was it that lay-down finale, who was absolutely breath taking, never seen and totally unexpected? Maybe.



One thing I know for sure, this Dries Van Noten ss2015 collection is a new outstanding chapter in the story of Paris Fashion Week. Memorable. 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario