jueves, 26 de febrero de 2015

Milan Fashion Week highlights. Days 1 & 2

Ok. There's something about Milano that doesn't take me to love most of the shows completely. I don't know why, but I must say that this time I've seen every single show, and seen lots of great design going on. Quite happy for that. Actually, my all FW's favorite show of this season has happened in Milano so far, from a house I've never followed, which is Gucci. I'm absolutely impressed, but I already wrote about it, so I'd better stop with that for now.

Now my highlights from the Milano shows I've seen so far on these two days:

I must start with Jeremy Scott from Moschino. I'm impressed he's getting closer and closer to Franco Moschino's DNA. This time he went for hip-hop in a not-so-obvious way. You could clearly see the reference in the styling, but pieces themselves were versatile enough to figure in different settings. 
I particularly loved three element in what Jeremy Scott presented today: the fitting was superb, the quilted coats and jackets, and the denim treatment (that patchwork in jeans and jackets was AMAZING). Not a fan of everything that was shown on the runway today, must be honest, but I'm so happy to see Jeremy Scott going in the right direction. Franco Moschino's spirit was everywhere!


Moschino - AW 2015-2016
Anna Ewers modeling
Photo: indigitalimages.com
Moschino - AW 2015-2016
Bonx Walton modeling
Photo: indigitalimages.com


Moschino - AW 2015-2016
Sasha Luss modeling
Photo: indigitalimages.com


Now Prada ... Those who know me also know the love-fanatism-obsession-devotion that I have for everything that Miuccia Prada does. This was a continuation of her Pre-Fall, but with lots of pastel tones. As always Ms. Prada went once again to a very different path, away from the "trend". I never imagined seeing such an extense palette of pastel colors in a Prada's runway show, but as always Ms. Prada brings the unexpected. The cut, precision and tailoring of suits, jackets and trousers was impeccable, especially in the pieces made in tweed. Beautiful. 


Prada - AW 2015-2016
Greta Valrese modeling
Photo: indigitalimages.com

Prada - AW 2015-2016
Paula Galecka modeling
Photo: indigitalimages.com
Prada - AW 2015-2016
Willow modeling
Photo: indigitalimages.com


The shoes were fabulous, they looked very comfortable and versatile, nothing compared to what she has already presented. As the runway show moved on, the pastels started to fade away, which pleased me greatly. Short dresses with a sort of  3-D embroidery and rhinestones appliqués were heavenly. 


Prada - AW 2015-2016
Amilna Estevao modeling
Photo: indigitalimages.com
Prada - AW 2015-2016
Dylan Xue modeling
Photo: indigitalimages.com


Prada - AW 2015-2016
Lineisy Montero modeling
Photo: indigitalimages.com

See Prada AW 2015-2016 runway show video here:




I guess I must get used to such amount of pastels coming from Prada, it was totally unexpected, and I must say that the bags were quite modest in design, which was offset by the clothing somehow. The pins, glasses, shoes and gloves were everything. Adored them. 


 

 
All photos from indigitalimages.com


As always, Ms. Prada is giving us plenty to talk about.

Other shows brought some great stuff each. I must say I particularly enjoyed No. 21, Fay and Fendi. Amazing first 2 days!


Fausto Puglisi - AW 2015-2016
Jamie Bochert modeling
Photo: indigitalimages.com
Fay - AW 2015-2016
Julia Nobis modeling
Photo: indigitalimages.com


Fendi - AW 2015-2016
Astrid Holler modeling
Photo: indigitalimages.com

Marcelo Burlon County of Milan - AW 2015-2016
Photo: Marcelo Burlon County of Milan
No. 21 - AW 2015-2016
Kendall Jenner modeling
Photo: indigitalimages.com
 PS: Azealia Banks performing at Phillip Plein's show was THE BOMB by the way. Such a great moment!!!


Azealia Banks performing at the
Phillip Plein AW 2015 show in Milano
Photo: Getty Images




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario